How Do I Get Started
- Fill out our Application
- Attend the Success Session
- Attend your first session
Where are you located?
What are the Class Times?
Personalized Group Training Sessions:
- Monday thru Friday 6:30a, 9a
- Monday and Wednesday 5:15p, 6:30p
- Tuesday and Thursday 6p
- Friday 5:15p
- Saturday 8:30a
We also offer Private and Semi-Private by appointment only
How long are the sessions?
The Personalized Group session are one hour. We spend 5 minutes on Joint mobility, close to 10 minutes foam rolling, and another 5 mins on Dynamic Muscle Activation. Then we get into the main workout where we usually start with skill and strength work and progress to conditioning. We end each class with 5 to 10 minutes of stretching.
The personal training sessions vary based on the persons program on any given day
What do I need to bring?
- A towel
- Terry Cloth Wrist bands (5 or 6″ from Dick’s or Academy sports)
- We train indoors, barefoot. If you need to wear shoes they must be hard soled (Chuck Taylors) and CLEAN! We push a pull heavy sleds you will need shoes for that. Many people leave their training shoes at the gym
- A Water bottle, we have a 7 stage filter water cooler, otherwise bottled water is $1/bottle
I'm way out of shape, will I be able to keep up?
Most people can train with us because of the way we customize the workouts; we have an 80 yr old client and she does everything our 40-something clients do.
All of our workouts are scalable, if you can’t do a pushup, we’ll show you how to modify it so you can. We have ways to make almost any exercises easier or harder. Anything with weight is scalable. We work with your abilities and any restrictions we may have uncovered via the Movement Screen. Remember to check with your physician prior to starting any training program!
If you are over 300 pounds or have serious medical issues you should join our Private or Semi-Private programs and check with your doctor as our Personalized Group Program may be too challenging for you as you get started on your journey to a healthy lifestyle.
What kinds of exercises will we be doing? What type of equipment will we be using?
Based on your Movement Screen you may be doing breathing drills, mobility and stability exercises and correctives. When you are ready you’ll be introduced to the basic Kettlebell lifts, body-weight exercises, suspension training, heavy ropes and resistance band training and more! Some people progress faster than others. That's ok, and is normal. When want to make sure you have developed basic mobility and stability before we start loading you with weights. Without a strong foundation you may get hurt.
What is a Success Session? Why do I need
If your application to our program is accepted we'll sit down for a Success Session; a one hour one on one meeting. We'll be discussing:
- Your goals and help you adjust them as needed
- We take you through a Functional Movement Screen which gives us a baseline for your training
- We take photos of your posture
- We'll discuss your nutrition and give you ways to start making changes to how and what you eat
- We'll take your measurements including weight and body fat
Once you have met with us and we've agreed that our program is a good fit for you, you can start changing your life.
What if I can’t come 3 days per week?
- We offer 2x, 3x and unlimited options for our Personalized Group Training, choose the one that fits your schedule the best. Of course you'll get better results training 3x/wk vs 2x
- For Private and Semi-Private up to 4 sessions per week
What if I miss a class or even a week, do those session carry over to the next month?
If you go to a gym and miss a week do they let your payment date slide a week? No, they don’t and we don’t either, we just can’t afford to do that. If you know you will be out for an extended period for a medical issue or work related travel we can work with you however there may be a hold fee and you must give us a specific end date.
Why shouldn’t I just buy the P90X, Insanity or a Bowflex?
You certainly can, but be realistic. Can you motivate yourself to train 3 to 5 days per week at high intensity? Can you hide from the family to devote 30 minutes to an hour to train? Will you ignore your kids if they start fighting?
Coming to our personalized group training sessions forces you to focus on the NOW. Set aside your distractions for an hour and focus on YOU!
How are theses classes different than going to the gym?
Are you going to a gym now? Have you gone in the past? Are you or did you lose fat and get fit? My guess is that you didn’t get anywhere attending a gym except for maybe the first month. The IronBody Fitness Personalized Group Training Program offers:
- Small groups for personal attention and motivation (usually no more than 20 people)
- Accountability – Your fellow trainees know what your goals are will will hold you accountable for attendance, training hard and sticking with your plan.
- Personalized Group Training is much less expensive than hiring a personal trainer. I charge $75/hour for 1 on 1 sessions!
- Group classes are FUN!