Today I had my final weigh in after taking the 6 week Challenge. I lost 23.6 pounds and BEAT the Challenge. What I gained is immeasurable. In the 6 weeks I learned:
1. That it is possible to lose weight at any age. At almost 57 years of age and post menopause I believed that I was stuck with the affects that age has had on my body, not true! Age is just a number and if you put in the time and are committed you can lose weight at any age.
2. The gym you choose makes all the difference in your success. I have been a member of a couple of big box gyms. Those gyms are more interested in your membership fees than in your personal success. Once enrolled they turn you loose and do not provide the personal attention required to help you reach your goals by way of staff support, nutrition and encouragement. IronBody Fitness is not your typical gym, it’s more like a training center, the perfect place for anyone who is serious about getting healthy & fit. IronBody Fitness is a total body transformation with a wonderful staff and small class sizes.
Dave & Cheryl Randolph provide so much support. Dave with his immense knowledge in fitness, daily planning, instructions and his ever constant watchful eye making sure you have proper form to prevent injury far surpasses any support staff I have come across at other gyms. Dave pushes you when he knows you have more to give and encourages you along the way. Both Dave and Cheryl's knowledge in nutrition help provide the healthy meal plans to fuel your body with the proper nutrients. They are always available via cell phone, e-mail and their Facebook page. Always a quick response time for any questions or concerns you may have. You couldn’t ask for a better team!
3. Working out with other individuals who have the same mindset, to get fit and healthy helps encourage you. We all push each other, offer support in class and through a group support page. Always fun to see other Camp participants when starting the class, you become part of a Fitness Family!
4. Sore muscles are a good thing. IronBody Fitness is a total body transformation and when you wake up the next morning you know the transformation is happening. Sore muscles are our reward for showing up for class, we earned them!
5. Non-scale victories such as fitting into smaller clothes, walking up a flight or two of stairs without getting out of breath and feeling energized and better about yourself are just as rewarding as seeing the descending numbers on the scale.
I could probably list a dozen more things I have learned but those are my top 5 in no particular order.
The Transformation Challenge at IronBody Fitness will transform you, physically and mentally and I encourage anyone who has 20 pounds or more to lose to take the Challenge. You will feel so much stronger and better about yourself. You will not regret it!
In closing I want to stress that The Transformation Challenge at IronBody Fitness has been the best decision I have made for myself and for my health. It has helped me to learn to make better food choices, to make time for me through exercise and rest. The 6 week Challenge has made me stronger, look better and most importantly feel better about myself. I couldn’t have done it without Dave & Cheryl Randolph, truly an amazing team who are totally committed to your success. Thank you Dave & Cheryl.