Soy – The Biggest Food Lie there is
Soy is poison. Unfermented soy which is what most Americans eat is one of the worst things you can eat. The food industry tells you it’s healthy because they stand to lose billions if they stopped using soy in everything.
Here are just a few things caused by unfermented soy:
From Chris Kresser L.Ac. http://chriskresser.com/9-steps-to-perfect-health-1-dont-eat-toxins
How does soy impact our health? The following is just a partial list
- Soy contains trypsin inhibitors that inhibit protein digestion and affect pancreatic function;
- Soy contains phytic acid, which reduces absorption of minerals like calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc;
- Soy increases our requirement for vitamin D, which 50% of American are already deficient in;
- Soy phytoestrogens disrupt endocrine function and have the potential to cause infertility and to promote breast cancer in adult women.
- Vitamin B12 analogs in soy are not absorbed and actually increase the body’s requirement for B12;
- Processing of soy protein results in the formation of toxic lysinoalanine and highly carcinogenic nitrosamines;
- Free glutamic acid or MSG, a potent neurotoxin, is formed during soy food processing and additional amounts are added to many soy foods to mask soy’s unpleasant taste; and,
- Soy can stimulate the growth of estrogen-dependent tumors and cause thyroid problems, especially in women.
“In 1992, the Swiss Health Service estimated that women consuming the equivalent of two cups of soy milk per day provides the estrogenic equivalent of one birth control pill. That means women eating cereal with soy milk and drinking a soy latte each day are effectively getting the same estrogen effect as if they were taking a birth control pill.”
Even worse for men!
“Perhaps most alarmingly, a study at the Harvard Public School of Health in 2008 found that men who consumed the equivalent of one cup of soy milk per day had a 50% lower sperm count than men who didn’t eat soy.”
Fermented soy (natto, tempeh etc) that are eaten by Oriental cultures is different. The fermentation process breaks down soy and eliminates most of the harmful phytoestrogens and other compounds that cause the health issues. In addition, fermented soy was used in small quantities, more as a condiment rather than as a source of protein. Americans consume huge quantities of soy, it’s in almost everything and it’s killing us.
“Babies fed soy-based formula have 13,000 to 22,000 times more estrogen compounds in their blood than babies fed milk-based formula. Infants exclusively fed soy formula receive the estrogenic equivalent (based on body weight) of at least five birth control pills per day.”
Now will you listen & stop eating soy??!?!