I love this meatloaf. It very good, very healthy and very filling.
Cheryl’s Best Hardy Gourmet Meatloaf Ever,and no I am not kidding!!
Preheat oven to 350 and mix the following ingredients into a large glass bowl
- 1 lb Buffalo, or lean organic ground beef, or 94% Laura’s lean ground beef from Kroger.
- 4 finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 slices of onions 1/4 inch thick chopped fine
- 2 sticks of celery† sliced in 3 strips and then chopped fine
- 1/6 to 1/4 green bell pepper sliced in strips and chopped fine
- 1/6 to 1/4 red bell pepper sliced in strips and chopped fine
- 1/6 to 1/4 orange bell pepper sliced in strips and chopped fine
- 1/6 to 1/4 yellow bell pepper sliced in strips and chopped fine
- 1/4 cup organic ketchup
- 1/3 cup old fashion organic oat meal
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon organic pepper depending on how much you like pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 large free range egg
Now sprinkle organic garlic lightly over whole thing
Then stick your hand in the bowl of meat and stuff.
Mix well with your hand. Yuck, mix it more.
Spread a teaspoon olive oil with fingers on the bottom of a baking dish.
Put it in the baking dish and shape it to a loaf, or a heart, or whatever.†
Decorate with ketchup in thin strips which adds a lot of flavor.
Cheryl once wrote, “Eat Me” on a heart shaped meatloaf, it was funny as hell.
Bake for about an hour 50 minutes will do if your oven runs hot.